Every three years, the CJA Task Force must undertake a comprehensive review and evaluation of how the State responds to child maltreatment and make training and policy recommendations for improvements in child protection systems. The Task Force has completed its current assessment and identified several priorities to direct the use of CJA funding in the coming years. A copy of the report is located at this link: CJA Assessment Report.
Scholarships are now available for the 2017 Driscoll Children's Hospital Child Abuse Summit
Presented by: Driscoll Children’s Hospital
Dates: March 27-29, 2017
Location: Omni Bayfront Hotel, Corpus Christi
FY2018 Grant Program
The Texas Children's Justice Act (CJA) is pleased to announce its 2018 Grant Program.
The CJA Task Force is seeking to fund projects that will fill an identified gap and contribute to the knowledge base in one or more of the current CJA priority areas:
- Multidisciplinary Team Coordination and Response
- Victim Advocacy
- Child Maltreatment Victims with Disabilities or Special Healthcare Needs
- Child Maltreatment-Related Fatalities
- Medical Evaluations for suspected child victims of abuse/neglect
CJA funds should be used for programs to reform State systems and improve processes by which States respond to cases of child abuse and neglect, including child sexual abuse and exploitation and cases of suspected child abuse or neglect related fatalities. CJA funds are to be primarily focused on the front end, intake and investigative piece of child welfare.
Please review the 2018 Request for Applications (RFA) located here. Applicants will be required to submit the following application components:
1. Application Coversheet (template provided)
2. Contact Information Sheet (template provided)
3. Project Narrative (directions in RFA)
4. Budget Narrative (directions in RFA)
5. Budget Workbook (template provided)
6. Pre-Award Questionnaire (template provided)
7. Additional attachments (listed in RFA)
The deadline for submitting a grant application will be Monday, March 20, 2017.
Please contact Heidi Penix with questions.